A New Concept of the Corporation: Part 4
A Webinar Series on:
A New Concept of the Corporation
Part 4 | The Role of Institutional Investors
Part 4 of this series was held on:
Friday, 18 June 2021
16:00 – 17:30 JST | 09:00 – 10:30 CEST | 08:00 – 09:30 BST
Icko Suzuki (Waseda University and ECGI)
About the Event
Over the last few years, and particularly since the onset of COVID-19, the purpose of the corporation has been the subject of active debate. In place of shareholder value maximization, new definitions of corporate purpose have been proposed, and their implications for law, regulation, ownership, governance, measurement and performance of business have been much discussed.
On the occasion of the publication of the Japanese translation of Colin Mayer’s book “Prosperity: Better Business Makes the Greater Good” in March 2021, WBF (Institute of Business and Finance, Waseda University, together with RIETI (Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry) and ECGI (European Corporate Governance Institute), jointly organized a webinar series on the new concept of the corporation, the EU/UK experience and its lessons for Japanese corporate governance reforms.
Details of This Webinar
Language: English (Japanese simultaneous interpretation will be provided)
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and sustainable finance
- Ownership of companies by long-term shareholders and portfolio investors
- Engagement and stewardship by institutional investors
- PRI signatories, do they really “walk the talk”?
- Accounting, measurement and valuation of corporate purpose
- Regulation of institutional investment
- The EU/UK/US experience of institutional investment and engagement
- Implications for Japan
Click below to visit the conference page